Terms and conditions: Contracting tree and consultancy works
1. All works will be in accordance with the current British Standard 3998 ‘Tree Work Recommendations’ where possible unless specified otherwise. Dimensions specified are approximate and, wherever possible, will be to the nearest appropriate pruning point.
2. In the event of a variation to the quotation as a result of:
- a: Amendments to works required prior to arriving on site, or b. Changes in site / ground conditions since the original visit, or c. Additional works requested / required whilst on site d. weather/ground conditions that could delay us
3. Stump-grinding will be to a depth of 150mm below the immediately adjacent ground level and will include the removal of the stump and buttress roots but will not include lateral roots unless otherwise specified. The client will advise the contractor of any underground services in the vicinity of the stump prior to starting the job. We cannot accept responsibility to underground service if the client has not provided data/information/survey in writings and diagrams.
4. All arising’s (inc. twigs / branches / woodchips / logs / trunks / foliage etc) will be removed from site and become the property of the contractor unless specifically stated otherwise in the quotation.
5. On completion of the works, an invoice will be raised and payment is required within 7 days
6. Where works are proposed to third party trees, i.e. ‘neighbours trees’, the contractor will require written confirmation from the tree owner (‘the neighbours’) that the works are agreed and where necessary, that access is permitted. If works only apply to overhanging branches that can be pruned from within the client’s property then permission is not required but the neighbour must be advised
7. The contractor has 5 million pounds Public Liability Insurance, 1 Million pounds Professional Indemnity Insurance and copies of the certificates are available on request. The contractor will operate in accordance with good industry practice, their Health & Safety Policy and Procedures and undertake Site Specific Risk Assessments (the outcomes of which may place constraints on the site whilst works are in progress, i.e. the client can’t access their shed without prior agreement from ground staff.)
8. The site will be left generally ‘clean, tidy and safe’ but because of the very nature of the works including the production of wood dust, chainsaw / wood chippings / twigs / leaves and needles etc. and the traversing of site personnel it will not be as it was prior to commencement of works.
9. If the works spread over multiple days, the site will be left appropriately and safe and as agreed with the client beforehand
10. The contractor will undertake the works as scheduled but is aware of / may be constrained by ecological and wildlife legislation including:
Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981
Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000
Conservation of Habitats and Species Regs. 2012 (amendment)
This legislation requires the contractor to assess the impact of the works, which may result in works being delayed as a result of nesting birds, roosting bats or similar being present.
Terms of Payment:
1. A cancellation cooling off period will be valid from the time the client accepts the works for one week, any cancellation after that time frame will result in a £50 admin penalty.
2. Any cancellation by the client within 14 days of the agreed work date is subject to a £100.00 admin charge and 40% of the original quote.
3. Any cancellation by the client after council approval notices have been issued and works are completed by another contractor are subject to a £150.00 admin charge and 40% of the original quote.
4. Failure to attend a site meeting with no communication to Sequoia tree care within 48hrs are subject to a £30.00 per hour charge to and from our main offices.
5. All quotes verbal or written are subject to the above terms of payment
6. Quotes are valid for 30 days and additional charges may occur if a. Changes in site/ground conditions since the original visit, or b. Additional works requested / required whilst on site c. weather/ground conditions that could cause delays d. on site waiting due to circumstances beyond our control.
7. Invoices must be paid in full within seven days of the invoice date.
8. If the invoice is not paid within seven days of the invoice date:
a. We reserve the right to charge interest on the total amount payable at the rate of 15% for the first month and 10% for every month from the invoice date until payment is made in full.
b. All other invoices submitted shall immediately become due and payable.
c. We shall be entitled to recover on a full indemnity basis any cost incurred by us in collecting overdue payments.
d. We reserve the right to retain all documents and any other items in our possession relating to any matter until all invoices are paid in full.
e. We reserve the right to stop work if any invoices are overdue for payment.
f. By failing to pay your invoice within seven days you accept that you will pay our court fees and any additional charges that may be required. This includes a £50 admin charge for re-issuing of the first invoice.
g. By failing to pay your invoice you accept that Sequoia tree care may request machinery or items to settle your debt.
h. By failing to pay you accept that we will return all of the materials, which we took off the site.
1. These are the same as the domestic and should be used alongside.
2. Invoices must be paid in full within twenty-eight days of the invoice date.
3. The Contractor – the person or business undertaking the works & The Client – the person or business instructing the works (and in so doing, and accepting the quote, agrees to / accepts the following terms and conditions.)
Call out Charges
Equipment supplied: 2 men, truck and chipper or 2 men, 4x4 and chipper or tipping trailer.
Very Anti-social hours (after 7pm and Sundays) - £250 for first hour then £150 per hour
Anti social hours (after 5pm and Saturdays) - £200 for first hour then £125 per hour
Within normal work hours - £150 for first hour then £95 per hour
Prices may be reduced at site supervisor’s discretion due to size or reduced time on site.
Unsatisfactory completed jobs MUST be immediately notified, in writing / by email, to the contractor within a minimum period of 48 hours.)
General Data Protection Regulations (May 2018)
We have systems in place to make sure all of our data is protected and securely kept. Information that we hold on yourselves include, name, address, contact details, and all activities such as estimates and invoice records. Your data is stored either in our office on paper file with only senior management who have access and also stored on our accounting system, quickbooks. Your information will never be passed onto third parties and is required for our sole use of a business relationship between our respected customers.